Monday, October 26, 2009

So much going on....

On Thursday PEG called being her unusually nice self and asked to pick up the SD on Friday from school because her husband had to be at the fire station by 6. (They live 3 hours away from us now.) We did not have plans for this past weekend so it would be okay, and she would be spending Halloween weekend with us anyways.
Friday morning I am brushing SD hair for school and notice some white flakes, thought maybe it was dandruff, I wish. Again she has lice, it was nits that were in her hair. After I pull them out SD mentions, oh yeah, there was one on my towel last night, look, there it is. Ughh! She was going to her moms this weekend so I had to call her and tell her. I decided to call her after my post op appointment. She sounds all defensive telling me she had nothing the prior weekend, which I find hard to believe based on the amount that SD had. PEG also asks me if I would be willing to help her fundraise for her son where I work. Her son was recently diagnosed with Autism and apparently they are having to foot the bill for his in home instruction (I really find that hard to believe, but whatever). Being the nice person I am, I said sure. I will leave the flyers out in our lunch room and on my floor. If people are interested cool, if not, I am not going to push it on them. We had the weekend worked out.
Friday around 1:30 my mom calls me to say that my grandma is not doing so well. I ask if I should get down there now or wait, she says yes, come. My grandma does not look at all. I spend the next 4-5 hours just sitting with my grandma while friends and family come to visit her. I hold her hand and tell her how much I love her. We all go home except for my sister who spends the night with her. Saturday I am on my way back to the hospital but stop at my parents first. Just as I am walking up to the door my phone rings and it is my sister, my grandma is gone. My sister is crying hysterically and I think she is with my grandma. My dad is walking out the house and drives me the 1/2 a mile to the hospital from his house. We walk in the room and my grandma is laying there peacefully. She had such a painful last couple of years and I am glad she is no longer in pain. I will miss her with all my heart and I know she will always be with me. My mom and her youngest brother were with her. They were standing over talking when my mom noticed that she was having a hard time breathing. She told my uncle and he went to get a nurse. When he walked back in he said her eyes are open, and she took one last breath.
This whole weekend has been a whirlwind after this. I had aunts driving from Texas to California but they did not make it in time to say good-bye. The next couple of days will be consumed with family and friends and funerals.

No comments:

Post a Comment