Thursday, October 8, 2009

New Blog for topics relating to the "step" life

I am new to wordpress, had a blog for maitaining my health but that is not working out. I got into reading others blogs about being step-moms and thought what a great way to be able to say what I want to others that could possibly understand me.

I am technically not an official step-mom as I am not married, though I have been with my boyfriend(bf) for 6 years this year. He had a 5 year plan and I asked him recently what happened to that plan. He had nothing to say. I have been in step-daughters(sd) life for this long as well. She is now 11 and I met her just shy of her 6th birthday. So I am no stranger to the drama that comes from the birth mom(bm).

I plan to update you on the history and background of how we are were we are. It is an absolute roller coaster, but I would not have it any other way as sd and I are close (though we will never be as close as she is with her mom) but we have some awesome memories together.

I can not wait to be able to hear from others for advice and comments on how to handle certain situations and how I can help others. I am 30 years old and have a good head on my shoulders. Let me just say, that me and the bf are counting down until sd is 18 and we do not have deal with bm on a constant basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment