Thursday, June 21, 2012

So much going on..

I can't believe it's been almost 6 months since my last post. So much has changed and is continuing to change. SD-She just graduated from Jr. High and will be a Freshman in High School this Fall. I can hardly believe it. At her graduation she received a medal for the top female in History. She has had a lot of ups and a lot of downs. I think it comes with the territory of being a teenager. She had her first boyfriend and experienced her first break up. I told her that maybe it was best if she didn't have a boyfriend just yet (this one was without our permission). She can have friends that are boys and hang out with friends but we prefer she hold off on getting serious with anyone. She got a cell phone and then got it taken away (both by her mom). She was sending inappropriate text messages. Her Dad and I felt she was still a little too young for a phone anyways. She did awesome in school academically. She is a great big sister to her brothers and is a great help with them. I try not to make her do too much though. Baby E is now 18 months old. He got his first teeth around Christmas time, 2 weeks after his first birthday. He started walking on his own in the beginning of March. I got to spend a lot of time with him as I was on Disability/Maternity leave from mid-December through the end of May. This boy tested me with his tantrums, he's gotten better. He just started saying please (I thought he was saying pretty, oops). The mama and dada's come and go, he will go through spurts of saying them. He is almost saying brother, who he now adores (most of the time). He is always giving him kisses and tries to be genle but will get upset at times and try to hit him. When the baby and I came home from the hospital (which incidentally was the first time I had spent away from baby E) he was angry. He did not want to have anything to do with me or the baby. It took him a couple of days. Baby E is for sure my happy go lucky boy who does crazy stuff, and is also our little fiery guy who gets so angry sometimes. He's fallen off the little step out on the patio, face first, only done that once, fallen numerous times off of our bed. I love my little monkey though, he is amazing. Baby V, born March 29, 2012 at 1:55 AM via c-section.I had gone in on the 27th because I had been having contractions all night. I was not dilated they gave me a shot to stop the contractions and sent me home. I slept the rest of the morning and into the afternoon. I had some mild contractions but nothing compared to the previous evening. Dad left to go play his disc golf, I made some tuna for dinner, while in the midst of chopping stuff the contractions started again. I held out until about 10PM then called for my parents to come and watch SD and baby E. They arrived about 11 and we left shortly after. After checking in at the ER they sent me up to L&D. Had me change into a gown, hooked me up to a monitor. After 20 minutes they checked and I was 4cm dilated. On Dr. said she would be delivering my baby. They gave me another shot to stop the contractions so it wouldn't be so painful, got the IV (on the 2nd try might I add). Everything happened so quickly and he was here a mere 2 hours after arriving at the hospital. He weighted 6lbs 8oz and was 19in long. I can't believe he is already going to be 3 months old and has already doubled his weight. He is such a happy, calm baby. He started cooing a few weeks ago and is so strong; he pushes off his feet to scoot forward already and holds his head up like a champ (since he was born, but had his wobbly moments). It's amazing how our little family of 3 has grown to 5 so quickly. On the momma front, I had some issues with my gallbladder and landed up having to have it removed last Friday. I had gallstones. In my ultrasound report it was also noted that I have a mass lesion on one of my kidneys. Waiting on the insurance to approve the CT scan so we can get the ball rolling on this new find. Hopefully it's nothing, but if it is we will deal with it best we can. But for now, I am working and enjoying my time with my babies, because who knows how long I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment