Wednesday, May 4, 2011

From where I left off.....

So, I had Emry*s on December 10, 2010, 9 weeks early. I got to spend all of 5 minutes holding him after they checked him over and inserted an oxygen tube. I really didn't get to see what he looked like, but luckily, daddy took lots of pictures while they weighed him and measured him and whatever else they do with preemie babies. Having just had a c-section, I was in a lot of pain after the meds started to wear off. They gave me the mo*rfin drip and I hit that twice, but didn't really want to rely on it. DBF spent the night with me, it was very uncomfortable for him, to say the least. He went home the next morning to shower and get some "real" rest.
December 11th - Day one of babies life and also the day of our baby shower. I was really bummed that I didn't get to be there, but there was nothing I could do about it. Baby was here and he was all that mattered. Trying to get out of bed was torcher, I could not stand up straight and was in so much pain, but I wanted to hurry up and get better and be able to walk. Because I couldn't walk for very far I couldn't just get up and go see the baby, I had to wait for someone to come and see me so they could wheel me up to the NICU. No one came until early afternoon and I had only seen Emr*ys once the night before. My uncle and his daughter came in first and he wheeled me up to the NICU, that's when I first saw him all hooked up to monitors and feeding tubes, the oxygen had been removed, he was able to breathe on his on (which was totally awesome). I got to hold his tiny hands through the windows. I didn't want to pull him out of the incubator as my Aunt and DSD were also waiting to come in and see the baby. They came before the baby shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment